Strange Shape Cory

michellebradford

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ive just notice that my bronze cory seams to have a large belly and seams very swollen, i cnat get a pic at the moment but am still trying, he lives with 3 other corys, different types, 3 angel fish and a betta ive not had any problems and they all leave each other alone no fights etc, does any one have any ideas?

It's a girl, and she's swollen with eggs =)

Unless her scales stick out, do they? If they do, it's dropsy.

no its scales dont stick out, and its eating normaly and behaving like normal, it the only bronze cory in the tank will it breed with other types of corys?

It's a girl, and she's swollen with eggs =)

Unless her scales stick out, do they? If they do, it's dropsy.

no its scales dont stick out, and its eating normaly and behaving like normal, it the only bronze cory in the tank will it breed with other types of corys?

I dont think it would have bred with any other cory in the tank. Also, usually when a cory is about to lay eggs, you really cant tell a difference by looking at them. Females should always look plump, but not bloated and swollen. Sounds like some sort of sickness. Anyway you can post a picture of the cory in question?

Ive had corys breed and i could tell the difference in body shape :/

I cant ever tell when mine are about to lay eggs. They are always plump, because they are constantly eating flake food and hikari sinking wafers. They get as much as they can :D

Mine are always spawning and like I said, I couldnt tell a difference. Maybe its just my cories.

Most reactions

Back