Stone

jonnyf84

Fish Herder
Reaction score
where can i get aquarium stone for aquascaping, i live in leeds so it would be better to get it locally so i can actually see it instead of buying over the internet, i've seen a good selection of different stone on aquaessentials but i dont particular want to buy without seeing it first. Has anyone got any ideas where i could collect the stone naturally, rivers, lakes etc.

Any help would be great.

Sorry can't help with the stones but just had to say your tank is gorgeous. :wub: What's the stuff that looks like grass covering the bottom? Do you have to put a lot of work in maintaining the plants?

Sorry can't help with the stones but just had to say your tank is gorgeous. :wub: What's the stuff that looks like grass covering the bottom? Do you have to put a lot of work in maintaining the plants?

Thanks, it's Hemianthus 'Cuba', if you want to grow a carpet though i wouldn't recommend this plant, i would go for riccia fluitans instead as its much hardier and easier to shape. It wasn't too hard to maintain, a good trim every couple of weeks but this scape is coming to a end hence wanting the advice on rocks for my new design, i'm going to go for a iwagumi layout and keep things much smoother and hassle free.

Thanks for your replies guys, keep the advice coming.

Most reactions

Back