Stocking

Steve76

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry another stocking question but a very quick one.

I have had stocking issues in the past but they have been resolved and I have a very stable (water wise) tank running. This is the setup:

54l
6 Cardinal tetras
6 Harlaquins
1 Bolivian Ram

This setup was recomended on here and as I say seems to be working really well. The simple question is would I get away with another ram. I really love that fish and would love another but not at the expence of an overstocked tank.

cheeers

I love my rams as well, but I would suggest not adding another. Would be too cramped for the tank size :(

I love my rams as well, but I would suggest not adding another. Would be too cramped for the tank size
sad.png

Thanks, it was the answer I was hoping not to get but expecting..the one looks lonely and is such a beautiful fish it would have been great to add a second. Not to be thanks for the responce

One more ram isn't going to make that much difference IMO.

What are the dimensions of the tank, OP? Is it planted? What do your nitrates normally read?

What are the dimensions of the tank, OP? Is it planted? What do your nitrates normally read?

Hi fluttermoth it was your advice on the make up of my tank and the ram in the first place which I love :)

Dimensions are 60cm / 32cm / 30cm

nitrate readings if I now have this right way round last 2 readings at 5.0 nitrite 0 and ammonia 0

I think I'm going to agree with Tuxyu on this.

If your two rams didn't get on, there's not really enough space for the weaker one to be able to get away, and if they did pair up, they might be very rough on the other fish.

Most reactions

Back