Stocking my 100g tank, need some ideas

With a GH of 6 want to stay away from live bearers and stick with soft water fish like tetras and or S. American Cichlids or other soft water asian fish like gourami.
Depends what you want. Do you want 6-8 big fish, a 80-100 small tetras or a mix of medium cichlids with larger tetras?
If smaller tetras id get a shoal of fish at each level. A shoal of hatchetfish at the top
A few shoals of tetras for the middle and a shoal of corydora at the bottom.
If one wanted a cichlid tank one could get a few different aggresive cichlids like jack dempsey, green terror ect... If wanted milder large cichlids could do like 6 severums with a shoal of dithers like tiger barbs or giant danios. Or a red headed tapajos tank with about 6-8 tapajos with a larger tetra like lemon tetras. Or you could do some dwarf cichlids with some tetras. Or you could go asian biotope and do gouramis rasboras and zebra loach. Soft water and a tank that size gives you a lot of options. Just depends on what you want. Stay away from guppies mollies platys and African cichlids and any other hard water fish.

I personally still wouldn’t risk a betta in a community tank. There is just to much that could go wrong.

You can order a Black Ghost Knifefish online. I think it would be cool if you got one. :good:

Most reactions

Back