Stocking my 100g tank, need some ideas

Willow06

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After lockdown has lifted I am thinking of restocking my tank.
Fish at the moment include
1 Farlowella Royal Whiptail
1 Albino Pleco
8 Kuhli Loaches
Guppies
Platies

I was thinking about getting a male Betta or some neon tetras but any ideas would be appreciated :) :)

But the can go in a tank that has calm fish like guppies and platies, and they can also go with soe bottom feeders
It definitely depends on the individual betta's temperament. While a peaceful betta may be able to coexist, it would suck to buy a new fish only for him to turn out to be an absolute menace and kill the others off. Personally I would go with the neons anyways because they're super cool to watch swimming around, especially in a 100g. Plus you're less likely to be forced to rehome them

I wouldn't risk a betta unless you have a backup tank.

Your water is too soft to add anymore guppies or platies. This means avoid mollies, swordtails and rainbowfish as well.

I would do a big shoal (20+) of neons or embers. In that size tank you have a lot of options

Yeah I have lots of room for ideas with my tank
I wouldn't risk a betta unless you have a backup tank.

Your water is too soft to add anymore guppies or platies. This means avoid mollies, swordtails and rainbowfish as well.

I would do a big shoal (20+) of neons or embers. In that size tank you have a lot of options
I have another tank that will be free soon but at the moment it has fish from school as I am the fish monitor at school and I had to take them home over lockdown, so I will have a backup tank

Yeah I have lots of room for ideas with my tank

I have another tank that will be free soon but at the moment it has fish from school as I am the fish monitor at school and I had to take them home over lockdown, so I will have a backup tank
When you free up the tank I would move your live bearers to that one and raise the hardness for them. Then you can add more to the big one :)

A few shoals of small tetras or larger ones depending on what you prefer. 20 corydoras....idk theres so many options

Good idea. Any ideas what i could put in the tank once i have moved the livebearers out
If it’s going to be empty and starting over, check out clown killifish. I want some.

There is only 1 local pet shop which is Animates and they basically have all the normal goldfish, neons, tetras like nothing exciting not even angels or disc fish and there is a really good shop but it is like a hr and a half from here

Most reactions

Back