stocking ideas

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

corylover5

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank that I would like to set up. I had my 29 gallon tank water tested. I had a PH of 7.3 and I don't remember the exact KH and GH but I remember my water was moderatley hard. Are there any small fish other than livebearers that I could get for my 10 gallon? I plan on having 2 mystery snails or nerite snails, driftwood, and live plants.

Depending what "moderately hard" actually is in numbers, there are some nano fish that could be considered. One is Celestichthys erythromicron (may be seen under the name Danio erythromicron) (Emerald Dwarf Rasbora) that could have a group of 7-8 in a 10g tank with floating plants. Or perhaps Microdevario kubotai. I know this is somewhat pushing the tank size but it is possible under the circumstances.

There is a lot of info about adf's in this thread

I know that frog will go after fish. So if you want to get some, don’t get fish.

I plan on getting 5 or 6 African Dwarf Frogs depending on price but for feeding does anyone know if Cichlid pellets would work as food? If not would anyone reccomend a food for them? I would give live foods twice a month such as bloodworms or blackworms. Should I use an HOB filter or a sponge filter for them? Are there any trustworthy websites online that sell African Dwarf Frogs. The nearest store to me that sells them is either one state over or 2 hours away and they don't always have them in stock. One more question Could African Dwarf frogs live with mystery or nerite snails?

When I had a couple of frogs many years ago I was advised on which food to get for them by a frog-keeping member on here. The two she recommended were HBH Frog & Tadpole Bites and ZooMed Frog & Tadpole Food.

Most reactions

Back