Stocking Ideas For A 10 Gallon?

sparklefuzz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
We're thinking of buying a 10 uk gallon tank, because he have just the right space for it, but I'm not sure what could go in it, being so small.. any ideas? How many fish could we have theoretically?

What kind of fish? Colourful tetra? Gobies? Barbs? There's alot to chose from. you after and what dimensions is it?

you could try a nice planted tank, some nice colourful plants, and then some small tetras or the like, cardinals are nice and they look good in a shoal

puffer or dwarf cichlid or you may not wish to go for fish at all. perhaps a axotyl tank or aquatic frogs :p

There some very good ideas listed , but the planted tank with some neons and tetras sounds real nice. If you go that route make sure you upgrade your normal lighting.

There some very good ideas listed , but the planted tank with some neons and tetras sounds real nice. If you go that route make sure you upgrade your normal lighting.

Why would I need to upgrade the lighting please?

I definately want fish, probably neons or something. I really like Congo Tetras, how do they do in small tanks? and how many would I be able to have?

I don't know about dimensions, haven't bought it yet, but it would be probably about 18" long x 12" high x 12" deep. Something like that.

The plants are what would need the upgraded lights. You would want to get about 2 to 3 w per gallon. Then it also depends on what plants you want in your tank.

You can go with low light plants and not need to upgrade the lighting. Congo tetras are way too big and require more space than you have.

I would think that the tank you're thinking of would be way too small for congo tetras - but I'll let more experienced people comment on that.

I would suggest you get a bigger tank if you can, cos soon after most people buy a tank they tend to want more fish, and then go and buy a bigger tank ... and then another bigger tank ... :lol:

I would think that the tank you're thinking of would be way too small for congo tetras - but I'll let more experienced people comment on that.

I would suggest you get a bigger tank if you can, cos soon after most people buy a tank they tend to want more fish, and then go and buy a bigger tank ... and then another bigger tank ... :lol:

I have a 20 and a 40 already. LOL OK, so no to Congos.. :) What about Tiger Barbs? How many would I be able to have? - ok scratch that, just did a quick check, and 10 gallon is too small. :( ugh...

Killifish? They're good for small tanks.

Or if you want a planted tank and don't mind maintenance then maybe 3 dwarf puffers? 10 uk gallons should be okay for that, as long as you have good filtration.

Killifish? They're good for small tanks.

Or if you want a planted tank and don't mind maintenance then maybe 3 dwarf puffers? 10 uk gallons should be okay for that, as long as you have good filtration.

I don't know much about killifish, how big do they get? How many would I be able to have? I don't like puffers too much, so... Killifish look nice though..

Blue Dwarf Gouramis are beautiful, and since you know your way around the tank (why does that sound sleazy?? hehe) I'm sure they'd be in good hands. Dwarf Puffers too! Or how about a brackish set up and go with bumble bee gobies? They're awfully cute.

You could also make a small female betta sorority tank...

Most reactions

Back