Stocking For 3 Tanks

WolfaraRose

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I would like input onto whether or not these stocking lists will work or not, but I did try to keep the levels of the tank balance in all of these. I will only be including the substrate, but there will be 7-10x capacity filtration on these. As well as adequate heaters, correct plants (would also like some suggestions on this front). And of course Hideyholes for the more skittish ones. 

20 Gallon Planted Tank (gravel substrate)

2x Dwarf Gouramis (1m 1f)
6x Black and White Skirt tetras
1x Albino bristlenose pleco
1x kribensis
1x bumblebee catfish

29 Gallon Planted Tank (sand substrate)

3x Zebra Loach (looked and read that a group of 3 should be fine) 
1x african butterfly fish 
6x Mixed color Corycats
2x Cockatoo Apistogramma (1m, 1f)
1x pearl gourami (heard they are very docile but are big enough that going to the surface with an ABF that they shouldn't be bothered)

55 Gallon Planted Tank (can't decide between sand or gravel, maybe half of each? This is my Living room tank that EVERYONE who comes over will see. So keep that in mind with substrate.. XD)

3x Swordtails (1m 2f)
1x rainbow Shark
1x Bamboo Shrimp or Viper Shrimp
2x Golden Wonder Killifish
1x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1x Bristlenose Pleco (I heard having 2 in a 55 gallon wasn't a bad idea, but if you think it is let me know, and this guy won't be bought)
2x German Blue Rams (1m 1f)
6x Columbian Tetras
6x guppies (ALL male, unless you think I could feed the fry to the ABF or would the Killi take care of any free swimming fry?)
6x Apple Snail, Mystery Snail, Malaysian Trumpet Snail, or Nerite Snails (which of these is best or is there a different one ya'll would recommend?)

PLEASE READ
I tried to build these tanks around fish that I already have... and they are listed below. Any suggestions about removing them completely from the stock isn't what I'm looking for. On a side note, I haven't had any fin nipping issues from the Black and White Skirt Tetras. 

3x Corycats
3x Swordtails
3x Black and White Skirt Tetras (1B 2W)
1x Colombian Tetra
1x Rainbow Shark
2x dwarf gourami (1m 1f)
1x Bamboo Shrimp
1x Golden Wonder Killifish

What i can say is you dont want two male bristlenose plecos together, and your rainbow shark may become an issue of aggression.

The snails in the 55 gallon... MTS are a pain, more of a pest snail, the apple snails get to big, the 6 mystery snails would make a lot of bio waster, maybe just 2 of those as snails, or once your tanks more established about 6 nerite snails.

With any loach,  cory, or tetra you will want 6+ of the same species.

The killifish would most likely take care of the fry but i wouldnt want to deal with even more fry as you already have the swordtails.

WolfaraRose said:

I would like input onto whether or not these stocking lists will work or not, but I did try to keep the levels of the tank balance in all of these. I will only be including the substrate, but there will be 7-10x capacity filtration on these. As well as adequate heaters, correct plants (would also like some suggestions on this front). And of course Hideyholes for the more skittish ones. 

1x kribensis
1x bumblebee catfish

6x Mixed color Corycats
1x pearl gourami (heard they are very docile but are big enough that going to the surface with an ABF that they shouldn't be bothered)

55 Gallon Planted Tank (can't decide between sand or gravel, maybe half of each? This is my Living room tank that EVERYONE who comes over will see. So keep that in mind with substrate.. XD)

3x Swordtails (1m 2f)
1x rainbow Shark
1x Bristlenose Pleco (I heard having 2 in a 55 gallon wasn't a bad idea, but if you think it is let me know, and this guy won't be bought)
6x Columbian Tetras
6x guppies (ALL male, unless you think I could feed the fry to the ABF or would the Killi take care of any free swimming fry?)
6x Apple Snail, Mystery Snail, Malaysian Trumpet Snail, or Nerite Snails (which of these is best or is there a different one ya'll would recommend?)

PLEASE READ
I tried to build these tanks around fish that I already have... and they are listed below. Any suggestions about removing them completely from the stock isn't what I'm looking for. On a side note, I haven't had any fin nipping issues from the Black and White Skirt Tetras. 

3x Corycats
3x Swordtails
1x Colombian Tetra
1x Rainbow Shark
2x dwarf gourami (1m 1f)
1x Bamboo Shrimp

the only suggestion i can give you is in stead of german blue rams in the 55 gallon  you should get some electric blue rams if this is going to be show tank i think the little bit of extra money that you will have to spend for them will be very worth it they are show stopping 

I like that idea! Thanks for the advice, and Electric Blue seems to be awesome!

WolfaraRose said:
I like that idea! Thanks for the advice, and Electric Blue seems to be awesome!
yea they are great fish 

I'll go through all your fish individually

WolfaraRose said:

it would be better 1 male and 2 females to reduce agression toward female
fine
Fine
1x kribensis
Fine. May be aggressive
1x bumblebee catfish
 If it's the South American, fine. If it's the Asian, it really needs a bigger tank upwards of 75 gallons

Fine
Fine
6x Mixed color Corycats
Fine
Fine. May show aggression when breeding
 Fine

3x Swordtails (1m 2f)
Fine. They'll breed though
1x rainbow Shark
Fine
Fine
Fine I think... They may eat small fish.. I don't know much about them
Fine
Fine
Fine. May show aggression when breeding.
6x Columbian Tetras
Fine
Fine. The fry would be eaten I'm sure. Some may survive
Fine. I reccomend nerites

PLEASE READ

3x Corycats
3x Swordtails
1x Colombian Tetra
1x Rainbow Shark
2x dwarf gourami (1m 1f)
1x Bamboo Shrimp

What tank is this for?
Hope this helps

Most reactions