Stocking A 6Gal Edge Aquarium

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

peegee617

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I kept tropical fish as a teen. Started with the typical community tank and eventually gravitated to large cichlids.  I have just dipped my toes into the hobby again but after 40 years absence I consider myself a novice again. I picked up a 6gal Fluval Edge tank with the idea of putting one of my Betta's in it, but now I am thinking of going in a different direction since it's not an ideal set-up for a labyrinth fish.
So, I want to put this question out there.... If you had a small tank and could only put a few choice fish in it, what would they be? What is your absolute favorite fish?

Welcome back to the hobby, and to TFF! :)

Just want to check, have you read this? http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first/

Your choices are definitely limited here, but there are still some lovely fish for it.
You may want to check this link and see if you'd like one of those choices http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/418749-nano-fish/

I think the endlers would be lovely. If this were me personally though, I'd be going for the dwarf puffer.

My absolute favorite fish is the black ghost knife, unfortunately that doesn't fit in this tank :lol:

Thanks for the welcome, and yes I have read the article on cycling, and will have my tank cycled and ready before anything goes in it. For now I am basically window shopping, planning and scheming :)

The fin movement of that knife fish is hypnotic! Beautiful indeed, and I do have a weakness for large fish, but  that's the challenge for me with this small tank.

:hi: to the forum.

Follow the link that Ninj linked you to and you will find some lovely fish that are suitable for your tank. 
Your first idea of a betta would be lovely, as would a school of dwarf/mosquito rasboras or a dwarf puffer.

Whatever fish you choose, I hope you do a journal as I would love to follow your progress :)

Most reactions

Back