Stocking A 55 Gallon Tank

lordtrini

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am stocking a 55 Gallon tank...

I have settled on having 30 to 40 neons... and 4 corys...

Can anyone suggest some additions...

Again i would like to stick to the Amazon...

A pair of Keyhole Cichlids would go well with the Neons and make a nice centrepiece fish.
You could also add a couple of smaller Plecs and some Corydoras for the bottom.

No Neons for a good 4/5 months after the tank has cycled AND matured; they're simply not hardy enough for a newly-cycled tank these days, unfortunately. Corys will have to wait, too.

No Neons for a good 4/5 months after the tank has cycled AND matured; they're simply not hardy enough for a newly-cycled tank these days, unfortunately. Corys will have to wait, too.

I always use mature filter media and gravel and lots of plants... in 2 weeks my tanks are ready like freddy... :)

I always use mature filter media and gravel and lots of plants... in 2 weeks my tanks are ready like freddy... :)

There's a big difference between a tank being cycled and a tank being mature enough to support sensitive fish.

Even though the tank isn't mature, it should remain stable enough with mature media.:)

Most reactions

Back