Stock!

no you need to have it in the tank, not in a plastic container :rolleyes:

why not do a stream setup? You could have some butterfly plecos and some minnows. Would look very nice if done right.

J4MES

hillstream loache ring a bell -germ-?

jourdy you need algae in the tank for ottos, its what they eat.

J4MES

Yeah it does, but it is certainly not a pleco!
Calling it a pleco can be misleading.....

Oh in addition treat hillstream loaches pretty much the same as you would oto's when it comes to feeding ie; they are not guaranteed to take the foods you provide. You need a good algae build up before adding them.

well thats what there called at my lfs lol, oh well. Yes they also need algae jourdy as germ mentioned.

J4MES

No! Oto's need to be in groups...
I wouldn't keep oto's unless you can guarantee they will get perfect water conditions...
Plus they prefer lower temps than most tropicals.
I'd leave the Oto or Oto's completely :good:

No! Oto's need to be in groups...
I wouldn't keep oto's unless you can guarantee they will get perfect water conditions...
Plus they prefer lower temps than most tropicals.
I'd leave the Oto or Oto's completely :good:

ive got an otto in with my DPs and its doing great, its on its own and loves feeding off all the muck that is left over from feeding time

really cant imagine them being in a group TBH

Have a look here under husbandry; suitable tankmates.
link
All oto's are best kept in groups of 6 or more

Also bamboo shrimp wouldnt be a great recommendation for a small tank espcially not three, they are filter feeders and require a tank large enough to contain enough microscropic organisms for them to feed on, ideally you would probably just have one in a well matured tank. I would plant it and have things like dwarf rasbora, honey gouramis, dwarf corydoras and maybe even some gertrudes rainbow fish or something saying that if you cant get those fish maybe just 5 standard corys and some small tetras or rasboras would be nice.

Most reactions

Back