Stock That Tank!

justjon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll be looking at getting a few more fish in a few weeks, depending on if my levels are ok.

What i'm planning for my 70L is:

1 Pleco (already have)
2 Molly's (already have)
10 Tetras (Neons)

I don't know what else to get, i've been reccomended getting 2 Gourami's however my LFS doesn't have many types...

I noticed Barbs, what are they like? Any reccomendations/help would be appreciated!

Hi guys,

I'll be looking at getting a few more fish in a few weeks, depending on if my levels are ok.

What i'm planning for my 70L is:

1 Pleco (already have)
2 Molly's (already have)
10 Tetras (Neons)

I don't know what else to get, i've been reccomended getting 2 Gourami's however my LFS doesn't have many types...

I noticed Barbs, what are they like? Any reccomendations/help would be appreciated!

What pleco is it?

It's a bristlenose, so not one that grows huge (I panicked when someone first mentioned checking which type it was!)

I wouldnt have both neons and barbs in that tank.

you could try some shrimp though! something like cherry shrimp or amanos. :good:

or maybe 2-3 oto catfish would be nice.

maybe even some bumblebee gobies! :D

It's a bristlenose, so not one that grows huge (I panicked when someone first mentioned checking which type it was!)

Yeah didnt mean to undermine you in anyway just make sure. If it was my 70 litre id do

2 Rams (Bolivian, Golden, Blue)
8 Tetra (Pristella, Neon, Cardinal, Lemon etc)
6-8 Corys (Smaller Variety)
1 Pleco

Mind with this youd have to keep up with matinence and provide adequate filtration ;)

"or maybe 2-3 oto catfish would be nice." < What are these?

I saw some shrimp in the shop, I wouldnt mind getting a few.. very small, but I thought my bristlenose may kill them? They had cherry one and another type... what do they eat?

What are corys? :)

My first proper tank setup so sorry for the silly questions regarding what fish are what, just learning!

Barbs.like.to.be.in.schools.and.they.tend.to.be.fin.nippers.I.believe.if.they.ar
e.in.a.big.enough.school.they're.alright.though.I'm.not.sure.bout.with.the.neons.

I.like.the.paradise.gouramis.
paradise

Barbs.like.to.be.in.schools.and.they.tend.to.be.fin.nippers.I.believe.if.they.ar
e.in.a.big.enough.school.they're.alright.though.I'm.not.sure.bout.with.the.neons.

I.like.the.paradise.gouramis.
paradise

................................................................................
.................................................................................

now you wont have to use them between every word as ive given you all the dots you need for a life time :good:

The only Gourami's my LFS has, is Sunset ones i believe (or yellow ones, something like that)

"or maybe 2-3 oto catfish would be nice." < What are these?

I saw some shrimp in the shop, I wouldnt mind getting a few.. very small, but I thought my bristlenose may kill them? They had cherry one and another type... what do they eat?

What are corys? :)

My first proper tank setup so sorry for the silly questions regarding what fish are what, just learning!

otos are little catfish :D basically plecos but different shaped lol :shifty: have a google for Otocinclus catfish

shrimp eat any waste foods, algae, dead fish... anything they can get their legs on lol. They should be fine with the plec! :D I'd get a group of 5-10 cherry shrimp, they're great for beginners.

Corys are corydoras catfish. Again, google! :p

now you wont have to use them between every word as ive given you all the dots you need for a life time :good:

lol :rolleyes:

I'm guessing her space bar is broken! :p

ooo ! Thanks so much Esfa, I may grab some cherry shrimp then! They are interesting! :D - any precautions to take with them, can they be nifty.. they look very small, how big do they get etc?

So far my setup i'm looking at in total is this then:

Pleco
2 Molly's
4 Cherry Shrimp
6 Neon Tetras

Anything else I can have that will mix well with them?

Oh.. and in addition to above question, are the shrimp easy to look after?

ooo ! Thanks so much Esfa, I may grab some cherry shrimp then! They are interesting! :D - any precautions to take with them, can they be nifty.. they look very small, how big do they get etc?

they are very small, Id make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for them and put them in tank before anything else, as they might be perceived as food.

As for corys they are mainly a small shoaling species of catfish :D, and they look really good when shoaling together

They get about 1" :D

precautions.. hm.. oh yeah! NEVER use any sort of copper in your tank. some fish food contains copper, so check that. also some medicines contain copper. Even a small trace can kill your shrimp!

also, dont mistake a shedded skin for a dead shrimp. :good:

good luck! :D

Would the shrimp be ok if I put them in with 2 mollys and a pleco that are already in there?

If so, i'll put them in first, then the neons... then another choice (which i need help in making, anything else please?)

Could I get 2-4 cory's with my above stock (the one with 4 shrimps)?

my LFS had a few different types of shrimp.. one were very small and clear.. babys?

Could I get 2-4 cory's with my above stock (the one with 4 shrimps)?

I would recommend 6+ for corys, as they are only really confident in numbers, otherwise they will constantly be stressed, same as tetra really

Most reactions

Back