Stingray Album

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
I thought as we have a few stingray keepers on here now we should all post pictures of our rays in one thread so the different species and varients can all be seen in one place.

Large female motoro
rays_002.jpg

male motoro with unusual "flower" markings
rays_003.jpg
close up of unusual markings
ray_markings.jpg

female motoro, possibly a "blue" varient
rays_007.jpg

Pair of female orbygini's
rays_006.jpg

Great idea CFC :good: Cant wait too see everyones :shifty:
How big are the orbyginis now?
You havent had them for long either have you?

male
Male.jpg

mantilla female
mantilla.jpg

this is the mantilla gettin in on the shot i.e mum
this_is_mantilla_getting_in_on_the_shot_i.e._mum.jpg

pic 4, this is a cross between a P. motoro and a P. mantilla
This_is_a_cross_between_a_P._motoro_and_a_P._mantilla.jpg

pic 5, If i am the first person to have crossed theses, i will call them Motoro rays or mo-to tilla rays lol
mines.jpg

isnt he nice hehe
isnt_he_nice_lol.jpg

motoro mum shes massive!!!!
Mum.jpg

motoro baby, ass bless him
arrr.jpg

i bred these las october
arr_bless_botyh_of_them_lol.jpg

lovely rays guys heres my 2 motoros having breakfast this morning :) they are strange marking on your motoro CFC very nice.
my two look totally different,look at my females markings on her back when she is up the back of the tank also she is a much lighter colour than the male too i think she is a cross

Attachments

• album.JPG
    album.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 38
  • album1.JPG
    album1.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 39
  • album2.JPG
    album2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 43
  • album3.JPG
    album3.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
  • album4.JPG
    album4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 53
ok boys, now here is a females touch on this subject :*
Here is my little girl. She is a female Motoro, the gal who runs the tank. She eats first and when she has decided she is done then the boys eat.......

This is my male motoro. He is a captive breed boy. I hope that when he gets big enough, him and the little lady will get it on.....

And my last boy, he is a retic. For all of those who are starting in the ray business, they more than likely get sold as "teacup" (*cough... no chance..). I love these rays cause their tail is longer than that of a motoro and they get to be a sold brown. These are not good starter rays. They are difficult to feed (they are picky) and also do not get as a big as a hump (JLO look)as say other rays. IMO they are often overlooked beacuse they are not as stunning as some of the other rays. He was my second ray, I lost the female to this pair.....

The last pic is of my boys together. Their is a nine month difference in their ages (about, I didn't mark their birthdays on the calander). The motoro is the younger one.
This also shows that these animals are content together and like (as far as fish go) eachother. They sit like this all the time. Ray ownes will also say that their rays like to touch eachother. When I lost my female retic, the male retic was always around her, touching her. Just in her last hours though, he left her alone, and I knew that I was losing her......

Attachments

• motof.jpg
    motof.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 27
  • malemotor.jpg
    malemotor.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 34
  • retic.jpg
    retic.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
  • boys.jpg
    boys.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 34
what, still hungry??!!

jeeeez your putting on some weight

jeeeeeeez no, no your not heavy lol

Attachments

• 27_july_04_034.jpg
    27_july_04_034.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 38
they have personality huh? haha.. they wuv you.

Most reactions

Back