Step-by-step Guide To Moving And/or Upgrading An Existing Set-up

oh one other thing, if i'm doing an upgrade or tank move i start preparation a few weeks befre by doing very thorough gravel vacs and by doing a bit of filter cleaning/maintenance.

its my opinion (gut feeling) that most mini cycles following a tank move are cause by strring up lots of extra waste into the wter column and conequently causing a bit of extra ammonia which the filter can't cope with. so make sure the tank is clean before you start. :good:

Hey rabbut,

i upgraded to a rio 180 last week and followed your advice and used almost 100% new water and gave the gravel a clean. I have decreased feeding since then just in case but have tested the water every day and all perfect. Thanks for all the help & great thread :good:

Hey rabbut,

i upgraded to a rio 180 last week and followed your advice and used almost 100% new water and gave the gravel a clean. I have decreased feeding since then just in case but have tested the water every day and all perfect. Thanks for all the help & great thread :good:

Glad it's helped someone out :good:

Anyone else have any surgested imporvements at this stage? As someone who's already used the thread cor2008, was there anything that wasn't clear and could do with sorting out?

All the best
Rabbut

Hey rabbut,

Glad it's helped someone out :good:

Anyone else have any surgested imporvements at this stage? As someone who's already used the thread cor2008, was there anything that wasn't clear and could do with sorting out?

All the best
Rabbut

Hi rabbut sorry for not replying, just saw your post there when i copied the link for another post. To be honest i found the post very helpful & used nearly all of the advice (i was lucky as i was able to slide the old tank on our wooden floor to make room for the new tank, which meant after 2 days when i had the water temp the same in the 2 tanks i was able to bag the fish and float them directly in the new tank). Worked perfect with almost 100% new water and didnt cause any ammonia spikes with no losses to date.

Thanks again :good:

Edited. Someone kindly pointed out a few typo's and un-clear areas..... Any further comments?

Most reactions

Back