Starting A Website About Tropical Fish?

FishKing13

Reaction score
I am thinking of starting a website about how to take care of tropical fish the proper way, and it will give lots of info. I will have lots of pictures and everything. Do you think it is a good idea to start a website about tropical fish?

There is so many of them out there its hard to compete with others when it comes to getting visits etc, but if ya got time its worth a go, plenty of advertising etc should get peoples attention :)

If your good with SEO (search engine optimization) you can easily compete with the rest out there. (if you need any help. pm me!)

I am thinking of starting a website about how to take care of tropical fish the proper way, and it will give lots of info. I will have lots of pictures and everything. Do you think it is a good idea to start a website about tropical fish?

You'll find that the most successful websites are constantly being updated. You really need to dedicate a lot of time to it, and you can't just stop one day and say "done."

Also, be sure to allow for user interaction. Folks may visit for info, but they won't come back if they can't contribute.

I started a very basic one a few years ago but never got very far as i didn't have the extra funds for advertising etc,

if you have the funds then go for it, 'whats the worst that could happen' :good: :hyper:

Edit: Lol my old sites still online, here it is if anyone wants a look,
would think my contract is very nearly up though now so doubt it'll be up for too much longer.

I would be willing to write articles for you on fish if you would like?
Perhaps PM me?

Good Luck, Let us know where its at when you get it up and running so everyone else can check it out.

Don't worry, I will be sure to post it so everyone can make sure there is no false information that I need to change. I will most likely be putting the web address in my signature.

Don't worry, I will be sure to post it so everyone can make sure there is no false information that I need to change. I will most likely be putting the web address in my signature.

Are you going to code it yourself of use a template?

There are some very good tropical fish sites on the internet highway. Personally I have one prefered site that I spend most of my fish related leisure time on...but there are about another 6 or so that I like to visit as the craik and banter on the message boards are slightly different. I say go for it...put all of your effort and resources into it coz if it don't work out, then at least you won't be thinking what might have been for the rest of your life!!

I have no real idea of the logistics and issues of starting a board....but I wish you all the luck in the world if you decide to go for it. :good:

Are you going to code it yourself of use a template?
I think I am going to code it myself unless I can find a really nice template that I like.
There are some very good tropical fish sites on the internet highway. Personally I have one prefered site that I spend most of my fish related leisure time on...but there are about another 6 or so that I like to visit as the craik and banter on the message boards are slightly different. I say go for it...put all of your effort and resources into it coz if it don't work out, then at least you won't be thinking what might have been for the rest of your life!!

I have no real idea of the logistics and issues of starting a board....but I wish you all the luck in the world if you decide to go for it.

Thanks! :D :D

I think its a great idea

Most reactions

Back