Starter Motor On Light Fitting Gone?

fluffycabbage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
When i flick the switch to on, the bulb is flicking on very briefly, then not coming on at all. Is this a problem just like my kitchen fluorescent bulb? Its doing the same thing as when that needed a new starter motor :unsure:

yep sounds like you need to get a new starter fluffy :)

thanks -now where would i find one of those? and how do i replace it? :crazy:
try here link or B&Q or somewhere like that.

they just interchange put in and screw!

or somthing like this, (cant insert a link)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-Hagen-T8-fluorescent-Lighting-Starter-Unit-20w-/330384859502?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&x=42&y=3

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yep sounds like you need to get a new starter fluffy :)

thanks -now where would i find one of those? and how do i replace it? :crazy:
try here link or B&Q or somewhere like that.

they just interchange put in and screw!

oh right, i thought it would be something specific to aquarium lighting! i can get them down the road! :good: just gotta figure out how to get to it now so i can take it to the shop :blink:

thanks for the help! :D

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Starters are dirt cheap. I just bought a bubble pack of two of them at my local home improvement center for about $1.50. It got both fixtures going again. You replace them by simply twisting them into place in the fixture where you removed the old one.

go to the electrical wholesalers near you it will be much cheaper

electrical wholesalers there about 50p each
when mine goes on the :blink: i turn it
on at the switch the turn the starter back over
and the light comes on but thsts me :lol:

People are labouring under the impression that aquarium lighting is "aquarium specific". The only thing that is, is the colour of the light & the fact that it is condensation proof. Any tube, any starter, any ballast will work in them, dont go & buy one from juwel or someone because it is a rip off.

pedantic edit

oh yea, its not a starter motor, it doesnt have a motor in it.

Starter motors are what starts your car. :)

People are labouring under the impression that aquarium lighting is "aquarium specific". The only thing that is, is the colour of the light & the fact that it is condensation proof. Any tube, any starter, any ballast will work in them, dont go & buy one from juwel or someone because it is a rip off.

i must agree tom :good:

Most reactions

Back