Started My Nano

You should be testing for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH before you should even think about adding livestock. How much (weight) liverock do you have in the tank? If it was completely dried out then it will take a while for the tank to cycle, and until the tank has cycled you shouldnt add any livestock. Alage is usually the sign of a cycled tank, and thats why you arent seeing any.

Have you read the pinned topics at the top of the forum?

Edit: just read the last bit

You should add your live rock as soon as possible, also stop using the nutrifin stuff, let the tank cycle naturally.

Andy

I have been doing research for like a year, I decided that a simple FO tank would be the best for me. About july time im going to move everyting to a jewel 120. I set this one up so i could get bacteria on filters and sand so when i put them in the 120 it should cycle better that way. The tank is in direct sunlight as well and still no algea. My uncycled FW tank in the same place was covered in like 2 days.

You should still be testing your water paramenters before adding anything for the first time, Marine fish are much more sensitive to bad water conditions and probably wont survive a tank cycle like freshwater fish can. Also is the live rock you are later adding cured or uncured, as uncured rock will start the tank cycle again so shouldnt be added after livestock. Are you going to be using live rock as your filteration or the bio balls etc?

Its widely recognised on this forum and other websites that live rock provides the best filteration for any marine tank, and if your live rock was dry before there is not going to be much bacteria left on it, therefore the cycle will be long and slow.

Most reactions

Back