Star Grass Flowering

stevereade

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Had star grass for about 4 months now and after taking a mods advice I started trimming from the bottom of the plant to keep from chopping the top off. I've only trimmed from the bottom once so far and its worked a treat, bushing out really well and not shooting for the surface so quick. Having a look today and counting up the 20 bushy heads of the stems I noticed my bushiest stem has two little white buds coming from the top of it. I've read up on it and it apparently gives little blue flowers about a cm across which look great against the lime green of the leaves. So with any luck if I get a flower or two from each stem at this rate I'll have loads of them. I'll get hold of a decent camera very soon and get some pictures up, need something decent as the Star Grass is at the back of the tank. Wish me luck lol never had a plant flower before, well I had a sword send out what looked like it was gonna be a flower once and not knowing what it was I cut it off lol.

Wow that's pretty cool. I should probably try that with my stargrass lol, sounds like its working pretty well for you.

Most reactions

Back