Spotted Climbing Perch With The Latest Fashion Accessory

What do you call a fish with a cricket on his head.

Perch

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey all, sorry for the delay in replying - I was out of town for a few days with no internet connection.

Betta Boy - Yep, Ace of Spades is right, it's a major part of my perches diet. (Except, I'm a she not a he. Lol.) I also supplement the crickets with bloodworms and brine shrimp every couple/few days.

Amunet - Haha, I was also waiting for the cricket to try to make it back to the top of the tank (of course, he would have been dinner before he made it). But I've found on other occasions that the crickets can sit for some time under the water before they even attempt to go back up to the top - which surprises me.

Nelly - Thanks!

Lisa - Yay! Another SCP lover! Haha. I remember when these guys were as tiny as the one in your avatar. They swam around a lot then too, but now that they're bigger they prefer just to come out when it's feeding time. They all got the hang of eating crickets really quickly, so I'm sure yours will love it! (Though, once you start feeding them live food [crickets, feeder minnows] then they start to think they should eat the other stuff in the tank. That's what mine did.)

Richard - I totally lol'd at that.

D and D - Thanks! :)

I've got 4 of these and they are some of my favourite characters. 3 are out all the time while one is a hider I'm wondering if it is a male/female thing?

Love the pics! Gotta try mine on crickets - though I've found they eat anything that goes in.

Indigoj - Thanks! And lucky you that yours come out a lot. Sometimes mine come out, but most often they sit in their individual terra cotta pots all day. (Though I do have the pots on the side closest to where I sit, so I can still see them most of the time.) Do the crickets, if yours are anything like mine it will be pretty amusing to watch.

Blodhi - :) Thanks.

Most reactions

Back