Spotted Climbing Perch With The Latest Fashion Accessory

Ripley

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This accessory is not only stylish, but it also is dual purpose! It is also quite cheap (goes for about 10 cents), and there is always a large supply around. And now that I have your attention...

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

And of course, it's other purpose is that it's edible. Here is the accessory approximately 30 seconds later.
IMG_6238.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

So basically, this SCP grabbed the cricket by a leg, instead of the whole cricket, and the cricket swung around and held onto it's head. I half expected the SCP to either try and rub it off, or one of the other ones to snatch it off this one's head. But nope. And this is one time it pays to have the camera handy!!

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. :)

Haha, Awesome pictures man. I love Climbing Perch and all other Ctenopoma (sp?). Whats your full stocking?

Haha, thanks everyone!! I too was laughing my head off as I was taking the pictures. Figured it was a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity.

AoS - the tank is a 55g, with the 3 perches (who I only see around feeding time), 3 upside-down catfish (who I only see at random intervals), and 1 bumblebee catfish (who I only see if I surprise him by turning the lights on quickly, or move the piece of wood he hides under). All in all, it's a very boring tank!! I have a black african knife fish on order, and hopefully it will come in soon.

Haha, thanks everyone!! I too was laughing my head off as I was taking the pictures. Figured it was a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity.

AoS - the tank is a 55g, with the 3 perches (who I only see around feeding time), 3 upside-down catfish (who I only see at random intervals), and 1 bumblebee catfish (who I only see if I surprise him by turning the lights on quickly, or move the piece of wood he hides under). All in all, it's a very boring tank!! I have a black african knife fish on order, and hopefully it will come in soon.

Ahh, amongst one of my many ongoing and cgnaging tank idea's one was going to be an African themed tank. With Ctenopoma, ABF, Congo Tetra etc

I had congo tetras in there with them before, but got rid of them as they were eating everything before the perches could even come out of hiding. It was literally a cricket for each of them, THEN maybe a cricket for the perches. Which was a huge pain in the butt. And now, while they are still fairly small considering what their adult size will be, the perches pretty much will eat/try to eat everything that I put in the tank. So now it's go really big or get eaten. I swear these fish are a big pain in my rear end, but I still love them anyway.

ROFL, very hilarious photos! I'm surprised that the cricket didn't try to swim for it.

Fantastic photo's. I've also got a SCP, absolutely love him, he's my fave fish. He's really active and is always out and about. Never fed him crickets so perhaps I'll give that a try.

Most reactions

Back