Spits Out His Food!

aDcOoL

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello. I bought a betta a few weeks ago, and he's in a bowl, with a light shining down from above.

When I feed him his pellets that came with him, he seems to eat it, but then spit it out, and then eat it again, then spit it out again, then eat it again..then moves around a lot and shakes and stuff, and then sometimes a tiny piece of the pellet comes back out again, so then he eats it.

Are the pellets too big? They look pretty small to me...

Yea some bettas like to kind of chew it up and spit it out and eat it, its messy but they're still eating it :good:

Mine does the same. he will spit it out when his tummy is full (you can see how full he is) and so hell keep trying till he eats it, or hell let it fall to the floor, in which case i take it out.

MIkey

its fairly normal i beleve. :good:

Alrighty...I feel better knowing now. lol! :)

My newly bought betta does the same thing: spits out his food quite a bit in the process of eating.

sometimes little spit out pieces fall to the bottom of the bowl, which I have lined with marbles.

I don't really know how to get at them and get them out of the water. If I try to manoeuvre in there, the marbles shift and the food particles move under them.

what to do?

Could these left-over food particles harm my fish?

My smaragdina spit out they betta pro and softens up and litle particles come out which the baby platy comes and snatches up lol :D

Bret

My newly bought betta does the same thing: spits out his food quite a bit in the process of eating.

sometimes little spit out pieces fall to the bottom of the bowl, which I have lined with marbles.

I don't really know how to get at them and get them out of the water. If I try to manoeuvre in there, the marbles shift and the food particles move under them.

what to do?

Could these left-over food particles harm my fish?

they'll mess up the water so yes.
take out the marbles and have the tank bare-bottomed.

Most reactions

Back