Spike Is Changing Colour......,

Devorax

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
We have had Spike for approx 4 months now and he has always been a bit of a grumpy old git, but just lately he has been worse than usual. Then we decided to have a really good look at him and we found he has changed colour a bit, as shown here:-

SDC11706.jpg

Any ideas what might be causing this? He is on his own, in a temp of 27-28c and his water stats are all nil except for nitrate which starts off at nil after a water change and slowly crreps up to about 10ppm by the end of the week before his next water change.
He is slightly off his food, eating only half of usual (he is a fussy eater anyways) and is even by his low standards VERY inactive.
Normally his body colour is all over crimson but he is developing these whiter areas. He has had a dose of Myxacin with no effect. Any ideas people? Thanks

ive heard some tetras will eat the fins off of bettas and your 1's fins look reall bad i would put him in a hospital out the way of the other fish and c what happens. look at the fins on this 1 also tells u about there temprament.
http://www.aquaticlifedirect.co.uk/Fish/Fr...sh/RedBettaMale

i looked into a betta for my quite tank mostly tetras congo red eyes but i red somewhere that the betta is only really lkely to attack anything that has big tails and fins like him.

Umm, I'm not sure what you mean there Melly197, but if you read what I had put in the text, you will know that this fish lives alone. Also, if you know anything about bettas you would know that Spike is a full Crown Tail Betta. Also I can honestly state I have never heard of the temperament of a betta being influenced by it's colour!!
Now I mean no dis-respect but if anyone has something constructive to add, please do so.

For those more medically minded, there seems to be no increase in mucous on these areas of discolouration, but they do give an appearance of being 'dry' and 'sore', whether this is true is not known.

Most reactions

Back