Species...

Myuu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
*Takes a bow* This is my first time posting in this forum, but I have been lurking for a few days.

Anyways, I joined this forum so I could become a better fish-keeper. And I not sure of the species of one of my fish. I currently own 2 species of fish; an albino cory cat, a chinese algea eater, and a species of tetra. I had narrowed it down to two tetra species; red phantom tetras and serpae tetras. I currently have two of these fish. I got pictures.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

So, what is it? Those were the best pictures I could get. And that is the same fish in all the pictures. I tried to get pictures of the other one, but it was hiding.

Thanks in advance!

:hi: to TFF

they look like ped phantoms for sure

.____. I got both answers. fweee...

Well, I could try to take a picture of the other one, who has shorter fins. But that one is shy and hides. But, yeah, the one in the picture has much longer fins than the one not pictured.

But don't my fish's fins and body look more orange than that shade of red?
That is because it is a serpae tetra & not the similar red phantom tetra.
Try a google image search for hi fin serpae & you'll find one pic that matches your fish perfectly.
Googling serpae tetra will bring up fish that match your shorter finned one.

HTH
Sue

Another question- Do I need to get more of my fish? Like, should I get more tetras becuase I only have two, and more cories? If so, how many should/could I get?

edit: I have a 10 gallon

Another question- Do I need to get more of my fish? Like, should I get more tetras becuase I only have two, and more cories? If so, how many should/could I get?

edit: I have a 10 gallon
You really ought to see if you can exchange the chinese algae eater for another of these tetras. CAEs are not suitable for ten gallon tanks.
The cory would be happier with company but how long has the tank been set up?
It may be best to wait before adding more fish.

Yeah, Ijust found out about the CAE thing yesterday. And it has stopped eating the algae, so might as well.

How would you go about taking the fish back to the store, anyway?

And the tank has been running for about 2+ years.

Most reactions

Back