Speak Up And Be Counted!, Crosspost

red-devil0602

Fish Herder
Reaction score
it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission
Please forward this to everyone in your address book!
Speak Up and Be Counted!

The Dogs Trust 2005 Survey results show that almost 8,000 healthy dogs were destroyed in council pounds. 8,000 dogs, who had no one of their "own", died simply because supply outstrips demand and, for us, life carried on.

Not all of those dogs were Stafford crosses however, having worked with pounds, it's fair to say that bullbreeds are one of the top breeds arriving at pounds. They are also one of the breeds less likely to get a place of safety.

Speak Up and Be Counted is asking you to do just that.

We aim to get 8,000 "signatures", one for every dog that was put to sleep, proving that they DID exist and that this country DOES care. Maybe, by seeing 8,000 different signatures, people will realise how serious the situation is and neuter their dog, preventing further needless deaths.

This is not just for the bull breeds. It's for all breeds. It's too easy to forget that these dogs did die and they deserve more than that. By adding your name and comments below, you will be "speaking up" and count towards our 8,000 target - you can make a difference. "

Speak Up and Be Counted!

sign your support here

"You may never know what results come of your action,
but if you do nothing there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi

* Please note you do NOT have to enter your email address. If you do it is seen by the public, if you dont..it aint

Maybe, by seeing 8,000 different signatures, people will realise how serious the situation is and neuter their dog, preventing further needless deaths.
-_-

I hate to say this, but i doubt it.
If someone won't neuter their dog even in the knowledge that thousands of dogs get put down every day due to issues related to this, i don't think a load of signatures will do much to change their minds either.

but if you do nothing there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi

I'd rather put my energies into something where i knew for certain there were going to be good results. Such issues require direct action, not fumbling around in the dark like this.
As i said before though, i doubt much, if anything, at all will come of this- apart from the site may come off a little wealthier.

apart from the site may come off a little wealthier

what do you mean by this???
if you don't want to sign fair enough just don't go throwing around comments like this as they can be very damaging to charity like this one that save hundreds of lives.
they are not just doing this for the dogs on their site but for all dogs who get pts everyday, their only crime being that nobody loved them

apart from the site may come off a little wealthier

what do you mean by this???
if you don't want to sign fair enough just don't go throwing around comments like this as they can be very damaging to charity like this one that save hundreds of lives.
they are not just doing this for the dogs on their site but for all dogs who get pts everyday, their only crime being that nobody loved them

I believe its a little like this;

http://webdesign.about.com/cs/makemoney/a/aabg082799a.htm

But in your own opinion, you have not answered how exactly this signature signing thing will encourage more people to neuter their dogs when they are not even stirred by the knowledge of how many are already euthanised.
edit: sp

I would love to sign it. This needs to be brought to someone attentions and if this is the way it's to be done then I'm fully behind it thanks for bringing it to our attention red devil I'll also email it around

Someone from staffycross is now here lol

The idea behind this to show how many 8000 is. You can take part in that or not, its totally your choice :) The number 8000 written on a site means nothing. Its simply a number. It is a fact that many people do not know stray dogs are put to sleep simply because there is no room. Some owners that have since found out have decided not to breed, have neutered, have homed a rescue dog and have spread the word.

By aiming so high and asking for a show of support via the petition being forwarded we hope more people will see there is a problem and do something about it. Those who sign, we hope will tell their friends who in turn will tell their friends. Thats the point, one person hearing this for the first time and seeing the 8000 sigs may give them a better idea of the extent of the problem.

We are not forcing anyone, we are simply saying its there if you want to put your name down and remember one of the 8000. If you dont, you dont.

As for the money suggestion, the petition does not ask you for money and its that simple. You can look through the rest of our site if you wish or you can ignore it. Theres no big secret, no trick, no nothing. we just ask if those who want to put their name down. Ill look at the link you posted because i dont personally know who you make money from a website without asking for it (i may be missing a golden opportunity for a world cruise! *joke!) Our site is (thankfully) provided free since we changed hosts which saves us £200 that we currently paid for one years hosting.

So to wrap up...

You can sign or not and we are not asking for money :)

HTH?

Someone from staffycross is now here lol

The idea behind this to show how many 8000 is. You can take part in that or not, its totally your choice :) The number 8000 written on a site means nothing. Its simply a number. It is a fact that many people do not know stray dogs are put to sleep simply because there is no room. Some owners that have since found out have decided not to breed, have neutered, have homed a rescue dog and have spread the word.

By aiming so high and asking for a show of support via the petition being forwarded we hope more people will see there is a problem and do something about it. Those who sign, we hope will tell their friends who in turn will tell their friends. Thats the point, one person hearing this for the first time and seeing the 8000 sigs may give them a better idea of the extent of the problem.

We are not forcing anyone, we are simply saying its there if you want to put your name down and remember one of the 8000. If you dont, you dont.

As for the money suggestion, the petition does not ask you for money and its that simple. You can look through the rest of our site if you wish or you can ignore it. Theres no big secret, no trick, no nothing. we just ask if those who want to put their name down. Ill look at the link you posted because i dont personally know who you make money from a website without asking for it (i may be missing a golden opportunity for a world cruise! *joke!) Our site is (thankfully) provided free since we changed hosts which saves us £200 that we currently paid for one years hosting.

So to wrap up...

You can sign or not and we are not asking for money :)

HTH?

So basically, you hope that if people see lots of signatures it will encourage them more to act than just seeing the number of dogs killed?
Were the owners who decided have decided to neuter their dog or adopt one, or not to breed their dog, won over by the signatures or statistics? Or is this just a show of support of opinion from people who feel upset by this loss of life?

Just checked your link. We have no ads on our site so we cant make money via that. We do have one or two links to places you can spend money on our links page but they are dog/animal related and iirc we have one for portraits of your pet as she a linked to us and is v good, the APDT ..well training costs but is sometimes needed for dogs and TRPD where you can buy leads ect. this is also rescue related as they fund leads and collars at a cheaper rate for rescues.

In short, any links are to dog related sites and we get no money off anyone for those showing links, if you choose to spend money on the v few we show, thats your choice. Again we dont force anyone :)

Its a bit of all the above. If all the above happens then great, if not we havent lost anything have we? As the quote says

but if you do nothing there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi "

The owners who have neutered ect just didnt know dogs where put to sleep because they had no where to go.

Just checked your link. We have no ads on our site so we cant make money via that. We do have one or two links to places you can spend money on our links page but they are dog/animal related and iirc we have one for portraits of your pet as she a linked to us and is v good, the APDT ..well training costs but is sometimes needed for dogs and TRPD where you can buy leads ect. this is also rescue related as they fund leads and collars at a cheaper rate for rescues.

In short, any links are to dog related sites and we get no money off anyone for those showing links, if you choose to spend money on the v few we show, thats your choice. Again we dont force anyone :)

Its a bit of all the above. If all the above happens then great, if not we havent lost anything have we? As the quote says

but if you do nothing there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi "

The owners who have neutered ect just didnt know dogs where put to sleep because they had no where to go.

Fair enough.

Most reactions

Back