Sparkling Pygmy Gourami

Elise

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey,

Someone special ordered pygmy gouramis at my lfs, and I bought 3. They are so adorable! Anyone have any experience with these guys and guppies? Or with female bettas? Thanks for the help!

I am currently keeping them with 4 Guppies, no problems. They tend to hide a lot, so I gave them lots of plants and places to hide, and now they come out a lot more. And the Guppies don't seem to mind them at all...I think they are small enough, that they don't find them a threat or anything. They are REALLY cute though, and seem very peaceful. :wub: No clue how they are with Bettas though, sorry.

I have 3 of them myself, they are in a well planted 30 gallon with 1 blue gourami, 1 moonlight gourami, 1 pearl, 1 SAE and 4 thick lipped gouramis, and 2 rainbow fish. I was nervous about them being with so many big fish at first but they quickly settled in and no one has messed with them, ever. They actually pick on the thick lips sometimes..lol I wouldn't suggest them for bettas though, I had a betta in a floating molly hatchery and the sparklings were obsessed with harrassing it constantly. Maybe females could work but I doubt it.

~Danielle

Sparklers would do fine with guppies but they look rather similar in shape to female bettas so that mixture should be avoided considering how much smaller they are.

Most reactions

Back