Sparkling gouramie

Miss Dib Dabs

Loony.
Reaction score
Ok, my smaller s.gouramie (seperated from the other as he got bullied) has some sort of fungus on his tail. Thing is, I've tried treating him with pretty much everything!! I've even done salt baths out of the tank (because of the catfish). It's still there and not clearing, but not getting worse either. :/
He seems fine in himself, eating etc although he tends to hide when I go near since I did the salt baths. :rolleyes:
I am trying to keep water conditions tip top by doing small changes every other day. I haven't used any meds now for 3 days. Anyone with any suggestions that might help would be greatfully recieved. :(
Hugs,
P.

I'm not sure what meds you've used but I've had good luck with Maracyn for Fin and Tail Rot, Pop Eye, and Body Fungus. It's made by Mardel. Good luck, I hope everyone turns out ok.

~Danielle

P.S. You may want to treat the whole tank as well as a preventative.

Do you know whether it's actualy a fungus or bacterial?

Fungus looks realy fluffy while bacterial just looks like - well, less fluffy :p You'd probably have more luck comparing pictures than trying to make sense of my descriptions :p : http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html

It is more likely to be bacterial. I'd treat with a broad-spectrum antibiotic in a hospital tank. Don't give up on it though. You have to stick to a single med. as it often takes a long time for the treatment to have a noticeable effect (though usualy you can see the fish becoming more active almost immediately).

Most reactions

Back