Sparkling Gourami/green Neon Tetra

Twinklecaz

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I've just been on the website that shall not be named just to see what they say as I am thinking of adding another 3 Pygmy Corys to my current 60L stocking (in my sig)and in the advice at the bottom it said it wouldn't recommend keeping Sparkling Gourami with Green Neons as when the Gouramis start to breed they may become agressive to the Neons. Is that true?

Not that I've noticed any bad behaviour to my Neons yet but I think they've nipped a couple of my Pygmys :(

I've heard that when they start to breed they become territorial, not necessarily outright aggressive though.

i had sparkling gouramis and regretted it, gave them away, they were terrors in my tank.. never again lol

I've never seen my sparklers go for the my tetras...

But all fish are different i suppose,and with my large tank theres room for each of them :)

That site says i must not mix my cories has they're aggressive towards ecah other :rolleyes: :lol:

LMAO really?

I'm glad someone else finds them a bit agressive (SG. All they seem to do is chase and nip each other and like I said, I think they've nipped my Corys too.

LMAO really?

I'm glad someone else finds them a bit agressive (SG. All they seem to do is chase and nip each other and like I said, I think they've nipped my Corys too.

the nipped everything of mine, gold rams the lot, was not happy lol, they were in a 4 foot tank! with loads of plants ahwell, i guess they just didnt like my fishes. lol

Mine's only a 2 foot but I've got loads of plants. I really love Honey Gouramis more if I'm honest but I've had quite bad luck with them and bacterial infections.

Mine's only a 2 foot but I've got loads of plants. I really love Honey Gouramis more if I'm honest but I've had quite bad luck with them and bacterial infections.

just lost my male honey due to dropsy :( but still have the female, and shes doing ok old though lol! good few years old, i love the blues, i have a pair of male and female, their gorgeous

Most reactions

Back