Sparkling Gourami And Male Guppies? Agression?

diesel21

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well my tank is doing very well, water perametres are great. I've curently got to peppered corries, two small clown loach (yes im now aware they will need to be moved and will be in the near future :sad: ) and 3 male guppies not the fancy variety but still pretty. I would like to add a bit more movement to the upper level of my ten gallon tank (60cmx30x30) and think a S. gourami would be a nice choice? I hear dwarf gourami are unrealiable and prone to llness and I don't want to risk infection as I have no quarentine tank.

Question is this: can you keepa sparkling gourami with guppies or are they agressive towards the tails? I hear sparkling gourami are shy and peaceful but want to check!! any info would be greatly appeciated!! Als does anyone have any pics? :D

Thanks!!

Hi guys,

Well my tank is doing very well, water perametres are great. I've curently got to peppered corries, two small clown loach (yes im now aware they will need to be moved and will be in the near future :sad: ) and 3 male guppies not the fancy variety but still pretty. I would like to add a bit more movement to the upper level of my ten gallon tank (60cmx30x30) and think a S. gourami would be a nice choice? I hear dwarf gourami are unrealiable and prone to llness and I don't want to risk infection as I have no quarentine tank.

Question is this: can you keepa sparkling gourami with guppies or are they agressive towards the tails? I hear sparkling gourami are shy and peaceful but want to check!! any info would be greatly appeciated!! Als does anyone have any pics? :D

Thanks!!

well in my experience i find sparkling gouramies are even more prone to illness. Yes they can live with guppies but make sure the guppies don't nip at him.

well in my experience i find sparkling gouramies are even more prone to illness. Yes they can live with guppies but make sure the guppies don't nip at him.
[/quote]

Really? I find that really interesting, I thought dwarfs were prone because they are so inbred I thought a wee sparkling gourami would be a better option because it hasnt been tinkered with as much. mmm I think more research and hopefully more info from you guys on FF would help me, starting to reconsider and leave my tank safe! :unsure:

Most reactions

Back