Sorting Catfish

corrosive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I need help, i am interested in "Otocinclus" "Parotocinclus" and "Lampiella"(Bumblebee Dwarf Pleco).

What would be the best way to stock these in a tank?
E.g. 2x otocinclus etc..

The tanks about a 15g(US).

Would they all be ok? Or do they all hang around the bottom? would they get in each others way?

Thanks.

Sorry, corrosive, out of your options, otocinclus is the only one I'm familiar with. If you wanted them, go with 3 or 4 in your tank. They only get to 1-1/2 inches or so.

Good luck! :)

The Pleco will get too big I am pretty sure, and the ottos are great get two or three of them!

What would be a nice bunch of fish to accomodate 3 ottos then? or would the tank just hold them?

Also are they fresh water catfish? or brackish etc...?

Also what sort of price am i looking at for the otto's?

PRICE FROM TROPICAL FISH DIRECT:
otto's.JPG

Would you lot think thats a fair price?

Im happy because that means i can spend lots of money getting there surrounding environment.

One of the things to keep in mind is that oto's are *very* good at eating algae. My husband had only one in his 55g tank awhile back, and that's all he needed. The one we have right now in the 10g is quite bored right now, and that tank is spotless. I'd go with only one, and keep a steady supply of algae wafers handy. :)

Pearlie said:
One of the things to keep in mind is that oto's are *very* good at eating algae. My husband had only one in his 55g tank awhile back, and that's all he needed. The one we have right now in the 10g is quite bored right now, and that tank is spotless. I'd go with only one, and keep a steady supply of algae wafers handy. :)
Problem getting just one maybe that it will get lonely, as lots of people have said that these fish like to be in schools or small groups.

Most reactions

Back