sorry to all betta lovers

bubbs

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I introduced a lovely blue betta into my tank about 10 days ago and since then, my favourit guppy has lost three quaters of his tail.

At first i gave the betta the benefit of the doubt but i caught him in the act of 'nipping' the other day so feel he will have to go back to the lfs.

:-( sorry.......

bubbs

Well sorry to say and I don't mean it offensively you should do proper reasearch before you buy the fish. If you did, you'd know bettas aren't recommended with guppies.

No kidding, just get a 1 gallon, a 10 gallon, those only cost about $9. That or get rid of the crummy guppy :D

Yep, no surprise there, Bettas see male guppies as competition because of their fancy flowing tails, so should not be kept together. As has been said over and over here by experts, Bettas are usually best kept on their own in smallish size tanks.

Linda

Itty Bitty Betta said:
Keep the betta, ditch the guppy. :sly:
I agree :p :fun: Jp, I got a nice little 1 gallon w/ undergravel filter and an air pump(very nice) and light and hood for $10 at walmart, walmart around me is good for tanks, not fish

o yea, walmart if probably the best place to find urself a good tank, i seen them now in like 2.5g with filters heaters and all that built in for lik 20 bucks, it great! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back