Sorority?!?!?!?!

cheekysbabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have been thinking about setting up my own sorority as I have all my girls by themselves and would love to see them together. I'm looking at getting a 70L litre tank, would that be a good size or should i look at going bigger? I have 7 girls (5 small and 2 adults). I told my sister I wanted to make a sorority and she said there is a nice 25L for sale but I think it is too small for a sorority after what I have read. I love real plants so I think I'll go with them, plus lots of drift wood. I like the real look so I'll make little tunnels out of plastic pipping with gravel (works will for loachs!!).

Anyways let me now what you think.
Also, could you please post pics of your sorority's so I can get some ideas.

thanks very much cheekysbabe. :D

Isn't 25 L the equivalent of 6.6 gallons of water? YES, that's too small. In fact, that size is only good for ONE betta!

I tried 6 bettas in a 10 gallon (37ish liters) and thought that space was too crowded for them. I returned all but two of the bettas b/c they tore each other nearly to death.

Heya
I have had a sorority tank before, They can work very well IMO!
If you have a looky in the journals and photographs section they are under 'the girls progress'
Which also includes pics, that might give you some ideas as to what to do
Gimme a pm if you ever need a bit of advice

I love my sorority! They are all great with little problems of bullying! I currently have 6 girls. They were in a 20 gallon and were fine. They are now in a 40 gallon and are loving it. I just think the tank needs to be the right size and they work just fine :good:

James

I love my sorority! They are all great with little problems of bullying! I currently have 6 girls. They were in a 20 gallon and were fine. They are now in a 40 gallon and are loving it. I just think the tank needs to be the right size and they work just fine :good:

James
Yeah, I agree on the tank size deal. When I put the six girls in the 10 gallon, they hovered around and bickered for their small amounts of space. Tank was plenty full of plants and hiding spots, yet the fish couldn't swim anywhere b/c moving even 2" across the tank lead them into another girl's territory. I couldn't bare watching them fight so took all but one girl out (kept another of the bunch and returned 4 of them). Later I bought another girl, but she is in her own tank. If there was any chance of doing another sorority, it would be in a 40+ gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back