Something Killed My Guppy

AngelOfDeath

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
yesterday i noticed her tail was swollen a bit and discoloured, i came home this morn and she was dead, any ideas?

Attachments

• Dead_Guppy.JPG
    Dead_Guppy.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 35
Seen this on a lot of imports ATM not sure what it is, but a friend at a shop said that WS3 treatment is not helping much.....

It has a massive bacterial infection in the body.
You can try treating it with high doses of rock salt or pool salt. If that doesn't work then use Tetracycline but try to treat it in a spare tank coz the drug wipes out filters.

i bought her from a pet shop, thats where so would have come into contact with the bacteria, my tank is clean, my other fish dont seam to have any infections or anything

This is strange as it only affects the caudal pedunclel area of the fish.

Treat with protozin to help the other fish and any affected fish try a 3% salt dip to see if that helps them.

Dont add salt to the tank unless you know you have salt tolerant fish or plants.

guppies are pretty much like that these days. They are so inbred they are really weak fish. They also suffer from all sorts of problems. If you get some nice ones that do well in your tank then don't add any new ones unless they go through a 1month quarantine period.

when i first bought guppies they all died but one female. more than half of them had what your guppy has. I tried treating them with antibacterial treatment, then general tonic...nothing worked.

But at the same time I had some guppy fry in that tank (from surviving female) and they all lived and are still alive even tho all but one adult guppy died. So I think it isn't that contageous, tho it seemed to soread from one adult guppy to another.

To this day, I don't know what the disease it. I was thinking that maybe it was something like neon disease cauuse with neons it is like that only caudal area is affected. but never had neons, so don't really know.

Most reactions

Back