Some Serious Algae!

fish_mania

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello i'm wondering if anyone can help me?!

i have some serious algae bascially -_-

ive had my tank for about a year now so its not new
i do regular water changes and clean everything regually :/

its bascially green algae on the glass and rocks
and now algae on my bogwood

anyone got any advice?
:thanks: if you can!

just so happens i can, i have been having this problem with my shell dweller tank, and maxiums has helped me out a lot :hyper:

check out page 7 on the post and see how he did it.

Failing this look at the planted section

Edit:JayJay suggested the idea, appologies for missing you off jayjay :unsure:

just so happens i can, i have been having this problem with my shell dweller tank, and maxiums has helped me out a lot

It was jayjay that originally suggested the blackout.

Maximus tried it and it worked for him. did it work for you as well?? you havent updated that thread.

I have a few suggestions. I have my algae under great control and I'll tell you what I do. :) First off, make sure your filter is in tip-top shape, aka it's not too clogged or missing any cartriges. My friend had a TERRIBLE algae problem and discovered her filter's insides were missing filter material! Also, only keep the light on for 10 hours or even less a day. Live plants help, too. If you want to get rid of the algae, I suggest either getting some otos (a small little algae-eating fish that does miracles) or getting some chemical algae-remover. I've used it and it makes the algae weaker so you can easily scrape it off. Hope this helps a little. :)

just so happens i can, i have been having this problem with my shell dweller tank, and maxiums has helped me out a lot

It wasnt maximus... it was jayjay that suggested the blackout.

maximus tried it and it worked for him. did it work for you as well?? you havent updated that thread.

He has updated the thred, this morning :unsure:

You have to leave it on for 3 days......so check the thred in 3 days ;)

Maximus

It wasnt maximus... it was jayjay that suggested the blackout.

sorry i did miss jayjay off, but maximus helped to prove it worked in a small amount of time, and yes i did update this morning i blackbinbaged my tank and crossed my fingers :hyper:

if you try this method i hope it works for you

He has updated the thred, this morning :unsure:
You have to leave it on for 3 days......so check the thred in 3 days ;)
Maximus

yes i did update this morning i blackbinbaged my tank and crossed my fingers :hyper:

Sorry...i didnt even look at the date/time of the last few posts in that thread :blush:

It's going to work... blackouts usually always do. The question is will the algae return or not, that is a another story.

Most reactions

Back