Some People Are Right Prats!

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
ive just been reading an answer section off a website and found this quote, it is a response to a possible newbie of bettas asking why their fish was lying on the base of the tank alot and im astonished in what they had said, if there is one way to put people off owning bettas then you should say this, they did add after this that it wasnt tramsmitable but thats beside the point, some people really should sit back and think about what they are writing. dumb nut!!!!!
any way this is the reply

QUOTE "Well, it seems he might simply be bred poorly, and the poor guy has a fish version of HIV" UN QUOTE

well i heard some stupid things from people but this beats it, mind you the follow up from this quote did make sense and was extremely knowledgable but the intitial quote just made me chuckle

wow it strikes up images of the fish getting poked with a pencil and fear on the face of the owner!

I mean really :no:

I think it was just a very poor choice of wording....too much inbreeding and poor growout conditions CAN give a fish a weakened immune system, which is what I think they were implying....it's just that there is absolutely no corrolation to HIV, so it was a very poor way to describe it.

everyone has aids. apparently fish too :p

it makes you realy wonder where the world is going when you find people this stupid.

I think it was just a very poor choice of wording....too much inbreeding and poor growout conditions CAN give a fish a weakened immune system, which is what I think they were implying....it's just that there is absolutely no corrolation to HIV, so it was a very poor way to describe it.

Yeah and maybe he was just referring to the way peoples immune systems are destroyed after getting HIV, although it was a poor decroption :D

Shocking. It seems to have escaped this person's attention that the H in HIV stands for HUMAN for one thing... and the V stands for VIRUS, which from what you are all saying is also incorrect. Dear me

Shocking. It seems to have escaped this person's attention that the H in HIV stands for HUMAN for one thing... and the V stands for VIRUS, which from what you are all saying is also incorrect. Dear me

He said a fish type of HIV not the exact disease HIV. And it isnt just for humans, my cat (Maine Coone) Died from Cat Aids / Hiv..

He said a fish type of HIV not the exact disease HIV.
Indeed, my mistake - sorry
And it isnt just for humans, my cat (Maine Coone) Died from Cat Aids / Hiv..
I realise that there are a number of immunodeficiency viridae in existence, however HIV is human immunodeficiency virus. Your cat presumably had feline immunodeficiency virus.

Most reactions

Back