Some Help Needed

clutterydrawer said:
dancin76ersgurl said:
Are tropical fish easier to take care of than goldfish???

And how many fish should i get?
Probably a matter of opinion - I think they are easier in some respects but harder in others.

The number of fish you can have depends on what type of fish they are.
yeh , gold fish get big and messy , not all trops get big and messy , but some can be dificult to keep . At least with tropicals you have many more choices of fish .

dancin76ersgurl said:
I am considering tetras, platy, gouramis and betta.....maybe...

Will any of those get sucked in my filter like my goldfish?? :S

I don't want them to have all kinds of problems and stuff
Your fish shouldn't get sucked into the filter. Either your goldfish was sick and was too weak to swim away from the suction or your filter is too strong.

There is a possibilty that the betta and gourami may fight.
Also keep in mind that they are several different types of gouramis. Some won't work in your tank because they are more aggressive. I have 2 dwarf gouramis. They are very colorful, have great personalities and worked with the other fish.

If you decided to go with a betta (notice I say betta, not bettas), make sure you only get one male. They are extremely aggressive fish and will kill another male of it's species.

thanks for all the help.....I plan on going out to buy some fish within the next few days...
Is there any fish I could easily breed?? Cuz it would be cool to get some baby fish! :lol:

Most reactions

Back