So whats a good price for a 10 Gal then?

Aw don't! Why stay at home when you can come to rain, cold stony beaches and expensive tanks! Although over here we don't put bettas in cups...

Aw don't! Why stay at home when you can come to rain, cold stony beaches and expensive tanks! Although over here we don't put bettas in cups...

:rofl: Yeah why would I wanna give up clean warm beaches, sailing on the Swan and plenty of sunshine for sleet, rain, hail??? Although over there I get to do castrations and speys and routine surgery... hmmm.....

OK, sorry mods let's get this topic back on the topic :p

At work they have a nice little tank calle an aqua40, it is 40 litres, so not quite 10G, but it has a really well designed hood and comes with a nice filter and heater also.

They go for £49.99... So im guessing that you should expect to pay anything up to £70 for an all inclusive 10G starter kit..

Its a shame that we get so ripped off in the UK...

Ben

bunjiweb said:
At work they have a nice little tank calle an aqua40, it is 40 litres, so not quite 10G, but it has a really well designed hood and comes with a nice filter and heater also.

They go for £49.99... So im guessing that you should expect to pay anything up to £70 for an all inclusive 10G starter kit..

Its a shame that we get so ripped off in the UK...

Ben
almost 9 Gal so guess thats not a bad price at all especially if the included equipment is good.

Tbh with everything else i've managed to find a decent deal somewhere (determined waster of time like that -_- ) but because of the high cost of shipping its not been feasible in this instance

The light-glo with the linked picture will be 1 of the Hagen's tanks (fluval)

for a new tank you are going to be looking at close to 100.

you'll find the best rpice will be at pets at home or sea pets probable, as they buy in huge bulk ammounts they can wack the prices right down.

Paul_MTS said:
The light-glo with the linked picture will be 1 of the Hagen's tanks (fluval)

for a new tank you are going to be looking at close to 100.

you'll find the best rpice will be at pets at home or sea pets probable, as they buy in huge bulk ammounts they can wack the prices right down.
Yeah, that given I guess £70 doesn't sound that bad. Theres a Petsmart locally but no Seapets unfortunately - and they only deliver within a certain radius of their stores

I got the starter 10 US gallon at WalMart for $30USD too. It has a hood with incandescent lighting, a net, some dechlorinator and food samples, a filter, of course the actual tank, and I think a couple plants.

i think we need a comparison of somthing we can all get in both countries thats the same for a real comparison.

can you get Juwel tanks in the US although you must get Hagen stuff right??

give us some models and prices!!

We have Marina accessories and Fluval filters by Hagen here. But I haven't seen aquariums other than small plastic betta and goldfish 'tanks.' :dunno: Not a tank setup, but if you want to compare a product, I have a 304 fluval purchased for a 75g at $79US (that's about £42?)

Marineland products, especially the Eclipse tanks are very hot here. Do you have those in UK?

the eclispe 12 (21"W x 11.5"D x 17.5"H 12 gallon capacity ) sells for around $100US/£54.

They're acrylic tanks but have high quality filtration and light hood. this price doesn't include a heater.

:eek: :huh: :blink: There £75 ish over here..... so unfair :rolleyes: (Fluval 304)

i think the hagen tanks are called troppicaqurian or something similiar.

can't say i'ved head of the eclipse tanks.

it's Ehiem, Rena, Juwel and Hagen tanks over here mainly.

gah its such a damned rip. I'd understand if they were all manufactured in the states as then you'd have to consider the cost of importing something breakable, but I'm sure some of the tank companies must be based in Europe :grr:

Ehiem and Juwel are based in europe!!

Ehiem are in Germany and not too sure about Juwel but they are europian.

Most reactions

Back