Snails

magicthise

Reaction score
My tank has become infested with snails recently, I have removed a dozen in the past few days, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting rid of them?

I have quite a heavily planted tank and I also have a bristlenose plec in there, so I would rather not use a chemical solution if at all possible as I have heard that these can be harmful to scaleless fish.

Thank you in advance.

Maybe some loaches will get rid of snails. Hope i ain't wrong plz some make sure.

My tank has become infested with snails recently, I have removed a dozen in the past few days, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting rid of them?

I have quite a heavily planted tank and I also have a bristlenose plec in there, so I would rather not use a chemical solution if at all possible as I have heard that these can be harmful to scaleless fish.

Thank you in advance.

How big is the tank? Loaches will definately make short work of snails. Just make sure the tank is big enough for the loaches.

Or you could put a piece of luttuce under a cup, with a small opening overnight, then in the morning just pull out the snail covered lettuce.

Most reactions

Back