Snails

rfisher

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,

I previously posted in the wrong forum area, sorry about that.

I purchased some real plants at the weekend from my local Pet shop. Got them home and rinsed them off with some water from the tank and then proceeded to pant them. I was told to rinse them by the pet shop owner just to make sure that they were free of snails. However I noticed last night whilst I was doing some water tests, a couple of snails. They were small and flat and reddish/Brown in colour. I removed them just in case they were bad news.

My question is are they bad news or not?

Regards,

Rfisher.

depends, what sort of snail they were, from your description i would say ramshorns but i maybe wrong.

some eat plants whilst others like MT snails leave in the gravel, eating debris and aglae.

:good:

depends, what sort of snail they were, from your description i would say ramshorns but i maybe wrong.

some eat plants whilst others like MT snails leave in the gravel, eating debris and aglae.

Thanks for the quick reply, If they were Ramshorns are they going to cause problems?

Regards,

Rfisher

don't think so, they may eat soft plants but shouldn't if you feed cucumber of something.

Most reactions

Back