Snail

lym

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm currently cycling my first freshwater tank and I've just noticed there's a tiny snail in the tank, should I get rid of these as I see them or keep it??

I don't mind keeping it if it's not going to do any harm, I was thinking of getting a snail anyway. It's hard to tell with it being so small but it looks like it's brown and black, if that's any help.

I'm currently cycling my first freshwater tank and I've just noticed there's a tiny snail in the tank, should I get rid of these or keep them??
Do you want a tankful of snails? if so, leave him in. if not, evict him!!

common snails, which they probally are, are the weeds of aquariums. once settled, the breed like no tommorow and a few small "cute" snails soon turn into a tank full of ugly, annoying snails. granted they do clean up the tank, but the price to pay is the sight of them.if you like snails, go with a apple, or other fancy snail that need a mate to breed, then only getting one will ensure you only have one in your tank.some people like snails, thats not a problem, it depends on you, do you really want them there?

Most reactions

Back