Snail!

infant340

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my had 2 snails that got in a fishbag on accident, 2weeks later she now has atleast 50 snails. i told her she can get a pufferfish to eat some of the snails but she wanted to know if there was any other way. :crazy:

i had a million snails when i started with only 2.
they breed like rabbits.
I just took my excess snails to the lfs, and gave some to friends.
Some said on here before if there is a product which can kill snails it must do something to the fish as well :blink: i personaly wouldnt use anything like that.

you could try ottolinctus, sucking loach small plecs etc for the algae and clown loach for the snails although none of these are 100% effective.

I think brown algae is caused by overfeeding. It leads to having too much nutrients in the water. I had a brown algae problem but it just went away after having the tank running for a couple months. I just cleaned it off of my plants and decorations I am not sure if anything else will work.

I had a massive snail problem in my 20g, used a product called snail away it worked for a couple of months then the snails came back again, when I added the snail away the fish just sat at the bottom not doing anything. If I see any I put them in 50g and let the clown loaches sort them out, never seen a snail in the 50g apart from when I put one in there…

Most reactions

Back