Snail Infestation!

ok, i tried the veggie and it worked pretty good, (i used lettuce anchored down with a piece of lead) and i got a whole bunch... but there are still some, so i will continue to do the process... oh, and my local fish store DID accept the snails, and i got like 5 cents each yey! This may actually turn into a lucrative buisness... Thanks alot everyone! :D

Did your CLs like the banana? What else do they really like?
Loved it is a better term. It took about 5 min for them to get brave enough to try it, but once they did, they literally cleared everyone away from it and claimed it as theres. They also love shrimp pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, peas, and i've seen them nibble at cucumber, but not a favorite.

Did your CLs like the banana? What else do they really like?
Loved it is a better term. It took about 5 min for them to get brave enough to try it, but once they did, they literally cleared everyone away from it and claimed it as theres. They also love shrimp pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, peas, and i've seen them nibble at cucumber, but not a favorite.

I'm currently fighting the good snail fight, just found these little buggers in my filter. I recently bought 2 Clown loaches i hope they can take care of business for me. :flex:

Loaches - and - bananas

Amzing :) I shall try mine with some a little while after they are moved into the new larger tank. I've just spent a total of 7 hours setting the thing up - so tired!!!!!

Loaches - and - bananas

Amzing :) I shall try mine with some a little while after they are moved into the new larger tank. I've just spent a total of 7 hours setting the thing up - so tired!!!!!

Banana you say, i don't have clown loaches and rearely get cucumber (i'm a student, veg is not the top of the shopping list) but i'll try my fish with some anyway.

Lead doesn't affect the water, all of my plants use a peice of lead and sponge as a weight that wont crush the plants :p

Just to give the peeps a follow up, I was killing about 20 snails a day for weeks and now my clown loaches have cleared them all up in about a week. clowns = best snail solution.

Now that i've rid myself of snails, a question, will they attack a large snail that i want from my LFS?

Lead doesn't affect the water, all of my plants use a peice of lead and sponge as a weight that wont crush the plants :p
[/quotl

Lead would affect the water/fish and should not be used in fish tanks. The stuff that is wraped around plants with the sponge is lead substitute, the same substitute that they use for shot in fishing. ;)

Most reactions

Back