Small Fish For Small Tank

boabmac63

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 27 litre tank cycling just now i am putting a betta in it but what other small colourfall fish could go in in it ??

Endler's (male ones!) or microrasboras.

Cardinal tetras get too big for a tank of this size, IMO.

Other tiny fish include Heterandria formosa, golden teddies, black chins, Characodon lateralis, endlers, guppies, and several others. I have only listed live bearers but plenty of egg layers also stay quite small.

Celestial Pearl Danio are my favorite tiny fish they are lovely looking and great little characters!

I think you need six at least otherwise I read they can be very shy. Not sure any more than that in a 27L.
I have a shoal of 9 and they swim happily out front with all the bigger fish.

Male endlers are small & very colourful, you could have 4/5 in with your Betta

Not much else, everyones pretty much got the small fish compatible covered above. Though IMO cardinals and neons are too large.

If you're not content with em, you can tie a fish shaped fishing lure to a rock and throw it in there as a tank mate :lol:

I used to have a 28litre tank with a siamese fighter, 2x albino cory, a couple of algea eating shrimp, and about 5 neons and they were all good together

Im just cycling a tank the same size, ive going for a betta, 4 male endlers and some cherry shrimp

JG

Most reactions

Back