Small External Filter For 60L Tank

g3o

Reaction score
I am looking for a good small external filter for my 60L tank, i dont want a hang on type and so far have found this one

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/aquael-mini-kani-external-filter-p-2804.html

which i think would do, i just wondered what other ones people have and recommend.
Ta

Theres a jebo filter on the same site for the same price, and it turns over 1000lph as opposed to the 300lph in the one in your link.
The more litres per hour the better.
I don't own either filters but just a suggestion m8

Theres a jebo filter on the same site for the same price, and it turns over 1000lph as opposed to the 300lph in the one in your link.

Not necessary the case, 60L is a very small tank when it incorporates using external filters, to high a filter is going to give way to much flow for your run of the mill fish.

I a while back used a tetratec ex600 for my 60l tank and it kept the water absolutely crystal, good brand name, excellent quality and definitely worth a look. You could opt for the ex700 model aswell which ive also used and cant fault :)

I think the flow rate will all depend on what fish your planning on.

Not necessary the case, 60L is a very small tank when it incorporates using external filters, to high a filter is going to give way to much flow for your run of the mill fish.

I a while back used a tetratec ex600 for my 60l tank and it kept the water absolutely crystal, good brand name, excellent quality and definitely worth a look. You could opt for the ex700 model aswell which ive also used and cant fault :)

I think the flow rate will all depend on what fish your planning on.

i too, would suggest something like the ex600-700. the fiter, mentioned by the op, is 300lph. by the time pipes and media are added, its flow will be under 150lph. for a cannister, this is not enough, in my opinion.

I am looking for a good small external filter for my 60L tank, i dont want a hang on type and so far have found this one

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/aquael-mini-kani-external-filter-p-2804.html

which i think would do, i just wondered what other ones people have and recommend.
Ta

The Mini Kani filters I think have a power head which you need to put in the aquarium - the pictured filter tub is just the filter, no pump in it. So you lose some of the advantage of an external.

I was looking at the same filter when looking for an external for our 30l tank and ruled it out because of that.

Thx
the ex 600 looks perfect.

Most reactions

Back