Small Bubbles/particles In Water?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xohaibshahzad

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Tiny bubbles or particles in my aqurium, i don't know what they are.

A picture would make identifying what it is a bit easier.

But, if I had to guess, I'd guess its a white colored bacterial bloom.

How tp get eid of them?
I made a few photos but they can't be seen in the picture.
Just today i changed about 20-25% of water after 4 days.

To determine if they are in fact air bubbles or some kind of residue in the water, take a sample of your tank water out in a glass and let it stand for a few hours. If they are air bubbles the water will clear up, if they are particles, they will sink to the bottom of the glass.

I remember a few threads about the same issue where the air bubbles were caused by a faulty, or wrongly re-assembled filter.

There is still the possibility that you are dealing with a bacterial bloom. It usually will resolve on its own, but keep an eye on your fish's breathing, I have read somewhere that these bacteria compete with the fish for the oxygen in the water!

i get loads of tiny bubbles from water changes where i tip water back in go after a while

i also get a few bubbles where the spray bar from my filter is set right at the top of water lever and creates a few.

i can easily tell if its bubbles as they slowly rise to the top again if not i'd say it's some sort of fine particles which could be helped with fine filter media to catch it.

When I do a water change, I get a LOT of tiny bubbles all over the place. They cluster on plant leaves, decorations, the sides of the tank. They're usually gone overnight. If that's what it is, they will just go away on their own.

Most reactions

Back