Small Betta Tanks

Reaction score
I can't find anywhere on the internet that sells 1-3 gallon tanks (suitable for bettas). I want to start getting more bettas but can't find small enough tanks. Can anyone recommend any in the UK?

Cheers :good:

depends if you want plastic or glass. I have a 2.5g plastic tank, I got it from pets at home as they were cheaper there than the lfs

The new Aquaone range is full of all sorts of small glass tanks, they're not that expensive either (cheaper than standard glass rectangular ones, anyway).

I realize that your not in the U.S. however, I might go to the grocery store or warehouse grocery store that might sell such things as cheese balls or other snacks in a large plastic container. Here are a few containers that I used last year for temporary betta homes, they each held about 2 1/2 gallons of water and my bettas seemed to love it. I wish the best on your hunt, Merry Christmas from the states.

Attachments

• 0004178000357_LG.jpg
    0004178000357_LG.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0007232011690_LG.jpg
    0007232011690_LG.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 36
The water that surrounds the heater should be able to disipate the heat sufficiently to prevent the plastic container wall from deforming as long as the heater doesn't have any direct contact.

I had my bettas in them for the warmer months of the year, the water stayed around 76 degrees so I didn't need a heater at the time. They worked great until I was able to get a better home for them and a heater for the Winter months. Ya they are quit thin but they hold up quit well.

Large coffee pots make cute tanks too! I keep one betta in one on a broken coffee burner in the kitchen and it's really cute!

wow can we see a picture?
I have always fancied an unusual tank for a betta.....

might start looking now I am reading all this threads.

GFGxx

I have a kenwood water filter...old silver one and I kept a betta in there for weeks. I put a bit of gravel in and a plastic weed. There was also a lid with a hole to fill the filter up direct from the tap so it was easy to feed him. I named the betta Ken..he was a rescue..I had him a while until he succumed to his maker.
:S :S

Most reactions

Back