Small Bacteria Bloom Question

Trance2006

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yes I had a small bacterial bloom yesterday, it is very light. It has subsided quite a bit. I did a small 2.5 gallon water change from my 20 gallon, and right now it has what looks to be hazy particulates.

I will not be feeding my fish for the next two day or until the haze dissapears.

What I wanted to ask, will it be safe for me to do another 2.5 gallon change tommorow morning and another one at night? Or any schedule that will help

One question, would it be bad if I put poliester aquarium cotten thing on the outlet tube of my filter? Or would that cause more problems?

If I were to remove it in a few hours time

Yes but now my water has small particulates right now. And They don't seem to settle down. Is there a way I can get them out?

in you other post you mentioned that you have no ammonia, no nitrIte, or nitrAte...which means 1 of 3 things, your tank has not even begun a cylce, your water was tested incorrectly, or you never tested it at all....

Tank was seeded with 20 gallons of water full filter some sand substrate from top layer. Fish have been in the water since monday all readings are 0. Considerable amount of waste has been rotting. Did a small gravel vac today.

if lots of waste overfeeding can cause algae have u got anything that eats algae??? or room for anything thats algae??? helps keep it down even if it just couple snails

:) you need to do more gravel vacs. to get the waste out of your tank. Carbon will remove small particles.

Ok sorry just tested right now

Ammonia - 0
NitrITE- 0
NitrATE- 10
Ph - 7.4

No this is like very tiny stuff. The more water changes I do, the smaller the amount. So in a few days it should dissapear. It doesn;t hurt the fish so all iss well for now

Most reactions

Back