Slate Caves Any 1?

civicr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just out of intrest would any uk forum member or euro be intrested in buying slate caves for there zebs or plecs?
i was thinking about making them for a bit of extra cash for for me.!
as i have made my own for my tank i have recived good comments about them,i was thinking would it be worth my while making them to sell on and if so how much would u be prepaird to pay for a cave?

the pics of some of the caves were my 1st attempts with clear silicone now im using black silicone and a diffrent cutting maching,

thanks ryan

zebsnewtank010.jpg

newrenatank012.jpg

zebsnewtank012-1.jpg

spotty008.jpg

newrenatank002.jpg

i dnt realy no a price as its just an idea,thats why i am asking the forum as you would be the client and what you would be prepared to pay?

maybe 5 quid upwards depending on size, the postage may be hefty thought as they prob be heavy..if i got one delvered for around a tenner id be chuffed . i think you could be on to a money spinner here tho as you cant really find stuff like this in shops..good luck. :)

I knock single caves (just like these) for £5 +P&P

(£4 to friends)

They are great for breeding Bristlenoses and other cave spawning plecs in (as long as the size is right)

Good work ;)

yes i agree u need the right size for your plec ,but not every plec is the same. in my tank i have various sizes an depths let my plecs choose what they want also the caves are good for fish that are maybe just shy or just prefer a hiding place for them selfs. a £5 +p&p maybe ok just need to see

chardonnay1000 your right tho u dnt see things like this in the lfs thats how i ended making my own.

yes i agree u need the right size for your plec ,but not every plec is the same. in my tank i have various sizes an depths let my plecs choose what they want also the caves are good for fish that are maybe just shy or just prefer a hiding place for them selfs. a £5 +p&p maybe ok just need to see

chardonnay1000 your right tho u dnt see things like this in the lfs thats how i ended making my own.
do you make any size? if someone told you the dimensions would you make it?

if i decide to go ahead with it yes i could make caves to the size you want.yeh xmas time hits the bank balance lol

i guess you can make these yourself.
i take it a slate roof tile could be used cut up?
cheers

im going to buy a tile cutter if i do decide to produce them,the 1s so far ive made i used a angle grinder.i wound not recomend using a saw ud be there for days lol,also you need special aquaurium silcone for safe use with ur fish

Most reactions

Back