Sims / Chens / Pablos etc...

matthew xia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all, I love this forum - it's got me through the tricky cycling times - but, I've now got a fully cycled tank sitting upstairs (fully cycled as of yesterday). And we would like to add a betta to the tank. I've found a number of stockists who report no disturbance to their delivery systems as they use over night couriers. I wonder if any of you had ever bought Betta fish from, Chens? Pablo (which is on eBay as geneticbettas). I have also found somewhere called SIMS (on eBay) which seems to have the most gorgeous male betta fish, and finally Aquatics2you - I wondered if anyone had opinions/dealings with any of these places? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have not dealt with those sellers. But there is a problem with buying fish etc on-line at the moment because delivery could take several days even when 'next day'. Most of the things I've bought on-line since the lock down have taken several days to arrive and this could kill a fish.
In the UK, all fish must be sent by licenced couriers, which is why the postage costs so much. But even these cannot guarantee overnight delivery - it just takes a number of drivers to become ill at the same time for the whole overnight aspect to collapse.

Are there any shops near you which are open? Maidenhead Aquatics, for example, has a list of open branches on their website, and while their fish are not as striking as the ones we can buy on-line, almost all my bettas have come from there.

Sound advise there. Be patient and you will get a better choice when this lockdown ends.

Thanks Essjay (Guppy10) - I think the nearest Maidenhead Aquatics to us would be St Albans or maybe Ascot as we're in London. There is also a local shop that is open for two hours each day so we're going to investigate this.

Most reactions

Back