Silver Shark

jbatt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

On Saturday I brought 2 silver sharks.

I used a fishnet to take them out of the bag to put them in my tank. I do not put the fish shops water in my tank as in the past it has coursed me problems.

I scooped the fish in to the net as normal, however when I went to put him in the tank, his top fin got caught in the net and couldn't swim away.

The fin was well and truley stuck. I used by hands to try and free him, but he was flapping around. After about 2 mins I managed to get him or her free however the top tip of the fin snapped off.

He looks OK, however at the base of the thin, he has a red mark - could be blood.

Its now thursday, so I am hoping hell be fine. He does now have white spot, but I am treating the water.

Thanks

James

OMG, how horrible.

Do you have melafix? Add some to aid healing and new growth, I hope he will be ok, good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What is Melafix?. I will have to get some.

Fishs fins normally feel soft. His one felt really hard. Not sure if its due to the make of fish?

James

Melafix is a patented aquarium and pond product made from tea tree oil. It is promoted to heal fish with ulcers caused from Aeromonas bacteria. Here’s what the manufacturer says:

Antibacterial Remedy

Rapidly Repairs Damaged Fins

Heals Open Wounds and Ulcers

Stops Mouth Fungus

Treats Fin and Tail Rot

you can get it at most LFS's (Local Fish shops)

Hi,

Thankyou for the advise. I got some of that stuff.

It smells nice :lol:

James

NO problem
Follow the instructions to the letter and do the full 7 day course.
keep us posted on the outcome.

Most reactions

Back