Silver Dollars

kellyinman1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 6 silver dollars some of them have red on there bottom fin and some dont - what does this mean?
also do they breed?

thanx

this aint a problem.
people i worked with at one aquatics centre called them red hooks. its the males, the fin goes bright red and hooks round like alot of male fish fins do.

its no problemo, i have 4 large silver dollars (circa 7"). you will also note black coming through when they are either narked off, or horny. I have a male that goes black a lot but then he starts getting it on with the females and they drop eggs everywhere all day!

heres mine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGa8d9L1SY

thanks kelly.

in regard breeding, mine can drop eggs all day, and this happens every week or so. i cannot believe how many eggs come out. however with my tank, all the other fish just simply follow them eating the dropped eggs, so theres no chance of my actually having lil fishes

thanks kelly.

in regard breeding, mine can drop eggs all day, and this happens every week or so. i cannot believe how many eggs come out. however with my tank, all the other fish just simply follow them eating the dropped eggs, so theres no chance of my actually having lil fishes

awww thats a shame -i bet baby sliver dollars would be cute lol.
any tips on getting a tank even half as good as yours?

any tips, yup.....money money money lol

i had a custom tank made 'near 1000ltrs'
i went with very much an overkill filtering system '3 large cans cycling over 7000ltrs/hour' plus uv sterilizers
hiblow65 air pump pushing out 4000ltrs/hour plus 18 tap manifold and 18 aircurtains
x2 300 heaters
hi-low temp alarm control
x4 lighting rig with 4 T5 lights '2 blue 2 white' ballast/frequency controls, 24hr timing sequence
80kgs coral sand
circa £400 on fake 'good quality hand painted' coral
over £150 on fake 'silk' plants
plus other fake 'good quality' corals

under the tank's unit, i have a 2ft hospital tank with lights, filter, air etc

notwithstanding the list of items, i think any tank, can look great.

any tips, yup.....money money money lol

i had a custom tank made 'near 1000ltrs'
i went with very much an overkill filtering system '3 large cans cycling over 7000ltrs/hour' plus uv sterilizers
hiblow65 air pump pushing out 4000ltrs/hour plus 18 tap manifold and 18 aircurtains
x2 300 heaters
hi-low temp alarm control
x4 lighting rig with 4 T5 lights '2 blue 2 white' ballast/frequency controls, 24hr timing sequence
80kgs coral sand
circa £400 on fake 'good quality hand painted' coral
over £150 on fake 'silk' plants
plus other fake 'good quality' corals

under the tank's unit, i have a 2ft hospital tank with lights, filter, air etc

notwithstanding the list of items, i think any tank, can look great.

where abouts did you get the fake coral from? i cant seem to find any.

Most reactions

Back